Saturday, August 23, 2014

how my students skip games and asking for extended tenses explanation

This case.. I found, it's quite rare. How come students were willing to skip games and they asked for extended explanations on how to understand tenses. The situation was very much contradictive with the English learning in courses nowadays that most students like to have games and fun time while they're learning language. It's always inevitable that most of students who learn language miss the essence of rules in using language like grammar including tenses. Apparently it doesn't apply in my LBPP-LIA classes. It's also quite contradictive from what I've experienced in my morning homeschooling classes. Most of the students don't have quite strong motivation to study that in the end it drove me to the point that I'm being hopeless. Well, then again there's always balance in everyone's life, and this is my kind of balance. I thank Allah for everything He gave me till my recent life.

by the way, that annoying creature is really annoying. At least that's really what's in his weird little head. If you spend most of your time being alone, you're likely to develop the skill of hearing how people are thinking. So, hearing the annoying kid's thoughts is a thing that I couldn't afford to avoid. Really, I can hear him thinking in random and having useless thoughts with his annoying sound of steps (one of the students in my homeschooling classes).

Teaching LBPP-LIA is definitely different from any places that I've been teaching for these past 8 years. The atmosphere gives me full energy in teaching and I can't stop being creative. The urge of applying FIESTA, (the Fun, Interactive, Explorative, Systematic, Technology-Savvy, and Autonomous) gives me list of things that I have to do before classes. Since I'm quite hyperactive, this kind of phase suits me well. I can compare that preparing to teach in LBPP-LIA classes is as busy as managing English Department, LPP, and Homeschooling at my morning office. It means the teachers should be resourceful to entertain students in class. After all, if the teachers can make the students learning fun English and they enjoying the lessons, the teachers will feel satisfied too. I guess leaving architecture world that building buildings will be worth it if I'm building people's characters through soft skills and the lessons that I teach.       

No comments: